Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spare me, please...

I just finished my final class of the day, which is my piano lesson - Private Instruction (3).
It's not something I'll be able to relax myself a bit.

I guess, there are two-three days which will be quite stressful for me,
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The days which have Eric's classes.
Sigh.
I can hardly breathe.




First off, the aural training class was okay, although it wasn't pleasant
compared to the previous classes, Eric was a lil pissed off.
Well, he didn't lose his temper, so it's considered a lil. lol.
After that, it was Malaysian Music History, a very... informative, yet making-all-of-us-sleepy-ish.




Before the second class of the day started, Jesica and I went to have lunch together.
It was pretty obvious that she was very exhausted and she couldn't concentrate in the first class.
She shared her problems and as a friend,
I listened and tried to solve, or at least make her feel better.
Honestly, I couldn't really be in her shoes while she was telling about the stress and tension.
Until I got into my piano lesson with Eric.
Now, I can understand her situation perfectly, except the part that she has gigs outside.




When Eric and I started the class, he gave me choices to choose for my 3 genres,
Classical, Pop and Jazz.
I thought I could play Beethoven's sonata for the classical piece, and I was wrong.
He demanded Chopin, and he actually specifically stated "Mazurka".
Now, I have to find something to fit his requirement and present it as soon as possible.
That's not all.
I might be playing Stevie Wonder's "Overjoyed" for my pop,
in a much more complicated way, R&b especially. The melody, the chords, the voicing.
Jazz?
Either John Coltrane's "Impressions" or Miles Davis's "So What".
Both are modal pieces, based on the requirement for my level,
because all the scales that I need to practice for now on, are "modes".
From Ionian to Locrian, 7 modes in total for each 12 keys.
As for the Chord progressions, I would really need help for that.
I-7  IV-7 V7(b9 b13)  I-7
I-7  bVImaj7  II-7(b5)  V7(b9)  I-7
III-7  V7/II (b9 b13)  II-7  V7(b9 b13)  I-7.
Bonus!
The arpeggios are basically all from what I've learned before,
PLUS  Dom(b9)  and Dom(b5)
in 4 inversions, most probably (if root's included, which is the easiest).







So tell me,
am I really really really going to survive this semester?
It's not really possible, unless I push myself real hard.
Just like what Eric usually do.
This is just the beginning, peeps.





Wish me lots and lots of luck!!
:D
I have to make myself smile, otherwise. =.=

No comments: